This would be part 2 of all that major recapping I did last night. 'Member how I couldn't finish because Jason was going to bed. Anyhoo...the rest of this shouldn't take quite as long. Then again, it's me we're talking about so who really knows? :)
It's getting to where I can actually remember most of the days of some of these pictures...
Like, we had our annual Father's Day pictures done at Target on August 28th. We didn't have them done in the Father's Day time frame because we could not decide what to wear. I finally came up with black and gray, especially once I found this cute little dress at Old Navy for Autumn. The only problem was a hair accessory. So I made one out of some knee sock scraps (I made the socks into Baby Legs and kept the remnants):
Kinda cute, if you ask me. :)
Sunday the 29th was church and Autumn wore this cute number:
That afternoon she did that photo shoot with Claire.
And the boys washed J's car:




Then it would appear I didn't take any pictures that whole next week. What the what!?!? Well, I do have the excuse that I was busy preparing and planning for my sister's baby shower which was on the 4th (more on that another time) so we'll just go with that.
So the shower was the 4th.
Here is a pretty drawing Dalton did while I was at Jess's shower:
The 5th was church followed by the annual church picnic. I didn't take too many pictures but I do have this one of Easton and Emily doing the 3 legged race:
And some funny face-making:

That evening, Jason and I celebrated the 7th anniversary of our first date:
So, yeah, that picture is from our Target family session because I didn't take any on our date. But we went to the Cinebarre and watched "Dinner for Schmucks" and ate some dinner before going to retrieve our kids from Michael and Tracy's.
Labor Day, Monday the 6th, was Jessica's 30th birthday and we all met downtown for brunch. Autumn was looking lovely in blue:
Sometimes she gets real shy if she's getting a lot of flattery and attention and she buries herself in whoever's holding her...I was trying to capture that here:
She gets a lot of attention:
Little Diddles peeking out from under J's arm:
And Autumn loves being upside down as Gramoo learned:
On Tuesday the 7th, the kids and I went to Chick-fil-a Family Night for dinner. Jason had worship band rehearsal so that's what the rest of us did:
We had a real good time. For cheap.
And I think this was on Wednesday:
On Thursday the 9th Dalton had a friend over. Dalton is LOVING school and we were thinking Holton would be his best bud but it's turned out that he and Emery (our neighbor from across the street) are really sticking together. So just Em came over. Dalton was so excited that he was having his very own friend over and no one else. He was a great host...so polite asking her what she wanted to do and letting her play with stuff he was playing with, if she asked:


We also got a phone call that day from another classmate asking if he and Dalton could schedule a play date. I'm so glad Dalton is getting his own turn for such things! 

Here is little D's attempt at starting to write his name. It's a D-a-l-t:
On Friday after picking up E from school, the kids and I headed up to the place where we used to do AussieRoo and Kindermusik. They were opening up a new location and we went to check it out. It was a fun time. They had the AussieRoo equipment to climb on and food outside. The boys went up to get a piece of cake and I just had to take a picture of them...they like to hold hands sometimes. All on their own:
They're good bubbas:
(See how you can see mountains in the background and then they're kinda gone towards the right? That's thanks to the Four-Mile Canyon fire in Boulder. The smoke was making it so you can't see. Not sure if that was on national news at all...)
Back inside to play:

Autumn was there too but all the pictures I took of her were blurry. Camera phone, you know. She got bullied by a slightly younger girl. That girl was attacking her headband and then trying to knock her over. Punk. Autumn wouldn't do that at all yet.
Saturday I went through Autumn's 12 month sized clothes for this fall and winter. The Just Between Friends sales are coming up and while she has some of Kaiya and Izzy's hand-me-downs, I still like to get stuff. So I was taking pictures of what she has so I'll know when I go shopping. :) While I had the box of clothes out, Autumn climbed right in:
That afternoon was one of the area's Harvest Fests. Even though it was, like, 89 degrees and not at all feeling like harvest time. But we love all the free fun and headed up there. We scored an awesome parking spot. Seriously awesome. Jason and I kept high fiving one another when we'd think about it. Ha ha ha. Up top! :)
Anyway, there were bunches of inflatables and so there really weren't many lines. The boys hopped right on a giant slide and the little cuties went down together:
I'm telling ya, I love raising brothers. Such love!
Well, they love Sister too, right now she's just a bit young for some of that fun:
She liked watching, though:

Me and my llamal:


Climbing out of the smoke house the fire department sets up:

Thanks to the Boulder fire being all visible and smelly from where we are, Easton's been especially concerned about fire lately. The day the fire started (Labor Day) the guys went from room to room testing all the smoke detectors. And we talked about what to do if there ever is a fire...Easton knew...but we have to remind Dalton. Then the smoke house on Saturday was a great reminder and chance to practice.
The five of us shared a giant snow cone:
The boys rode ponies:

And more inflatable fun:

All but the snowcone was free. Love HarvestFest!
Sunday was church. Jason had to go to both services because of playing in worship band again this week so the kids and I went to Krispy Kreme as we're having a hard time fitting in "doughnut day" anymore with school 5 days a week.
After church and quiet time we headed to The Great Indoors to look at bathroom stuff. We're needing to remodel part of our master bathroom because of some recent issues. The boys had fun posing with various fixtures and asking me to take pictures of them:

Miss Miss was more sensible in her posing:
As a reward for exceptional behavior while at the home furnishing store, we told the kids we could check out the nearby Halloween store...you know those seasonal shops they set up? Our boys love Halloween stores. And they were great so that we could go!
After that we headed over to P.F. Changs for dinner. We had a $25 gift card, we drank water and only got entrees (no appetizers or desserts or nuthin') and after the remaining balance plus tip it still cost us more than when we got to Sweet Tomatoes with our coupons! Sweet Tomatoes where 4 of us get meals, all of us get fancy non-water beverages, all of us get ice cream and cookies... And we all love it! That is why we go there so much. However, we do love PF Chang's as well. A lot. And this time the boys really impressed us. It was the first time we ordered them any food there. We usually bring stuff from home for them. They had "kids chicken" with honey to dip it in. But the honey was spicy! They were so good about it though, even though they weren't loving their food. Easton said, "I don't think I like Chinese chicken nuggets" but suprisingly both boys loved my Mongolian beef. They're not beef eaters at all. But they gobbled it up and kept asking for more and more. We were thrilled with this new culinary development as I know how to make that Mongolian beef myself...we can have it at home! Yay!

On our way back to the car:

That wrapped up a great weekend and this wraps up the last two weeks.
Well, till this last Monday a few days ago. Hey, work with me here people...I can't do it all. :)
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
...Seat Belts Fastened (Still?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What fun!!! and I have to say that my favorite pic is the on of Autumn hanging upside down...and the reason is b/c that is Aaron's FAV thing to do also. LOL!! Seriously...if he's crying or mad or upset...just hang him upside down and you'll get giggles..LOL!
Such cute kiddos! :)
Post a Comment