Monday, January 04, 2010

My First Post of Twenty-Ten

Except I don't say "twenty ten". Sure I said "nineteen ___" but I've been saying "two thousand ___" for 10 years now and I'm not about to switch it up for anything other than a silly blog title for today. :)

So really, it's my first post of two thousand ten. That's how Easton says it too. At school. He's been very excited for it to become 2010.

We've had a great year so far. We kicked off things with our baby girl growing up even more and she's learning how to sit independently. When I took those "fun with the equinox" broom pictures, I also got Autumn to sit for a few but she'd only last long enough to take the picture. Now she sits long enough to take lots of pictures in a row and even movies. She's doing great!
Photobucket

Photobucket

See that cute little ruffle butt? :)
Photobucket

Anyway, New Years Day we had some friends over for dinner. They're our small group leaders too...the same friend that came to my rescue so I could go to Easton's Christmas party. We were long over due to have them over...we've been to their house countless times for group, plus dinners, plus they brought us a meal after Autumn arrived. We're just really bad at hosting. I never know what to make. We don't even have enough chairs! But we made it work and it was a fun evening and we'd like to do it again! We brought the kids little picnic table in from outside and their kids and our kids sat there in "Easton's living room".

The kids were really late getting to bed but handled it okay the next day. At least I think they did...Jason let me sleep in a bit! Yay!

But later, Easton and Daddy had big one-on-one plans to head to the Museum of Nature and Science to see the space exhibit and to visit the plantarium as well. I took pictures of them before they left....first they were unsure what pose the other was going for:
Photobucket

Then they went with their serious faces:
Photobucket

And Easton's freaky forced smile:
Photobucket

The rest of us here at home all took naps. Yay! And Jason and Easton had good spacey fun:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And fun with the infrared, heat sensing camera:
Photobucket

The museum also has dinosaurs and such but Easton was apparently having none of it. Too scary, I guess. He's been very sensitive to such things lately.

Here's the kids that night laying on each other's tummies like they saw in the New Year's Max & Ruby (with the cookies):
Photobucket

We put them all to bed...but apparently Autumn thought she was just having a nap and she was wide awake awhile later just talking to herself and such. Jason felt bad and went to get her up for a bit:
Photobucket
(Notice the 10:05 on the clock?)

And Blitz having a nap in her bouncy seat:
Photobucket

Church was Sunday. That went okay too. Afterwards, Dalton and I got ready for some one-on-one time ourselves and headed to see The Princess and the Frog.
Photobucket
I really liked the movie, just not for my kids at these ages. I was glad Easton stayed home because it wouldn't have gone over his head like much of the "darkness" did for Dalton. Plus Dalton was a little sleepy and wasn't even looking at the screen the entire time. But it's set in Louisiana so that part was kinda fun. It was cute. I love Disney movies, but still...it was dark. Not just "bad guys" but it's voodoo.

We went to Walmart just the two of us afterwards. It was a quick trip for some dinner fixin's. He fell asleep on the way home and stayed asleep on the couch till Jason accidentally tripped over the Bat Cave laying on the floor and woke him. D was not a happy camper for awhile after that. Aye yi yi!

But later he and Easton actually played in the basement together for awhile.
Photobucket
We have this whole finished basement with a "playroom" that just doesn't get used a ton yet. We haven't taken the time and energy to really make it nice and inviting. And that train table takes up a lot of room and they don't even play with it. Anyone wanna buy a train table?

Anyway...

Silly boys at dinner that night:
Photobucket

Photobucket

And Daddy and his girl:
Photobucket

Today it was back to the routines of Easton being in school and such. Autumn woke to nurse at a funky time in the early morning then wasn't hungry when she was done sleeping this morning. So she took a short nap on the couch in between getting hungry again:
Photobucket

And I took a picture of myself in my scarf. When I wore it the first time, Dalton told me "I like your winter" hee hee!
Photobucket

Now we're expecting Lauren at any minute so I should go. Toodles!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sleeping baby picture on the couch is too sweet for words! A's cheeks remind me so much of G's cheeks when she was younger. So full and scrumptious!

Nice scarf!

amy

Jennifer said...

Our kids never play in our basement either. Of course, it isn't exactly kid safe yet.

I love that picture of you! You should totally make that your new profile picture on FB. I would even frame it for Jason!

Kyla said...

I was thinking last night that it is odd how the dark and scary movies are also the princess movies!

I like twenty-ten. Sounds so futuristic. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I love those glasses on you. That is great to have one-on-one dates.

~aj~ said...

Several things on this one:

1. I can't believe Autumn is sitting already. That's craziness to me!

2. How do you ever get the non-forced smiles from your kiddos? I swear every picture from Adam is either total cornball or deer in the headlights. Sigh.

3. Yay for 1-on-1 dates!

4. You look amazing in that last photo. The glasses/scarf/curly hair combo is definitely working for you!

Molly said...

Holy hotness! I was already to comment, but that last picture left me speechless. You look FANTASTIC! I agree, frame for J and new FB profile!

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture of you! You look so pretty! Oh, what camera did you end up getting?
Kelli