Monday, January 18, 2010

S-I-C-K

I think Jason started it.

Then Dalton got a cold last weekend. We had to miss church because they frown on the hacking of phlegm on the other children.

Then Easton had a fever Friday morning. He had to miss school. It was his first time to miss school for being sick. He's missed when we were in California last February and then when Autumn had to go and get borned on the first day of school this year. Anyway...

Autumn also came down with it about the same time as Easton and she's by far the sickest of the bunch. She's on day 3 of running a fever and just seeming like she feels miserable topped off with being all snot nosed and a yucky cough. Poor babe. To make it worse for her, she has also erupted several times with rather impressive fountains of puke. She got her first shower (with her puked-on mommy) yesterday and we had to change her entire pack and play, bedding, and jammies at about 3:30 this morning thanks to another eruption as well. I caught most of the third round with a cloth... I was expecting it after one of her coughing fits.

She has had moments of being happy and you can get a few smiles out of her if you work for them. But she's not quite herself. Here she is during breakfast this morning. Her eyes are all red from coughing so hard and she even squeezed out a little tear for her cheek:
Photobucket

Anyway, I'm still not in tip-top shape myself. If anything, I'm worse than I was last week but not by much. Don't go feeling bad for me but more of an update will have to wait for another healthier time.

4 comments:

sheree said...

poor booboo's :(

Give them hugs and kisses from me!

Anonymous said...

That is the saddest little baby face : ( Get better ALL of you!

Kyla said...

Dude, I cannot even believe this is Eastie's first illness-related absence! That is so crazy to me! LOL.

I hope all you sickies are better soon.

Melissa said...

She looks miserable!! Hopefully the sickness is almost gone!

and Easton's 1st sick day? I can't even count how many days I've had to keep the kids home with strep throat, pink eye, rotavirus...you name it...we've had it!